It’s time to hold the Annual General meeting in the Society. It is an annual event and a must for all Societies. August 14th is the last day for holding Annual General Meeting. The last date for such meetings can be further extended to not more than three months only with the permission of Registrar of Societies. The AGM is one opportunity when all members of the Society meet once a year to discuss various issues relating to the Society and therefore all members must attend the meeting. In this meeting, a member can raise a matter which is not on the agenda but which is permitted with the permission of the chair. If there is any accounting, Society related details are required; members can inspect books of account and give their questionnaire before the AGM.
AGM and its preparation
1. To fix the date of AGM and agenda, there should be a managing committee meeting before AGM
2. To check the completion of Audit
3. Finalise Auditing and get signature of Chairman, Hon.Secretary and Treasurer
4. Put notice clear 14 days before the meeting
5. Send Annual Report to outside members by Registered AD / Certificate of Posting
6. Prepare Annual Report for AGM
7. Give Annual Report to inside members
8. Tell members to bring AGM Report in the meeting
9. Keep some copies extra in the AGM
10. Keep all last AGM Reports
11. Contact Decorators for arrangement of meeting – Chair/table /Sound system etc.
12. Contact Caterers for Snacks and foods
13. Check for last year Minutes of AGM
14. Submit copies to Registrar office and get acknowledgement
15. List all resolution of past AGM
16. Keep list of Certificate of posting and Registered AD
17. List of document to keep in AGM Table
18. Keep books of Account for the inspection by the members.
19. To prepare reply, questionnaire given by the members.
General Agenda for AGM
Agenda for the AGM is different from that of Monthly meeting. Topics of discussion always are mainly big issues in term of finance and size. Some topics are allowed to be discussed and passed only in AGM like Flat Transfer, Election, and appointment of Auditors etc. Some examples are given below.
1. Welcome address by the Chairman
2. To confirm and approve minutes of the previous AGM held on ……
3. To receive and adopt Annual Financial Report for the year ended ………..
4. To approve transfer of flats as per annexure
5. To consider and approve appointment of Statutory Auditor for the year ……
6. To discuss and approve Parking Policy for member’s vehicles.
7. To ratify admission of new managing committee member who have already been co-opted by the managing committee members.
8. To start the process of fresh Election of the Managing committee
9. To declare result of the Election of the Managing committee
10. To discuss about flats closed for more than five years
11. To discuss proposal for fixing Generator for Lifts / Common areas.
12. To discuss the course of action against the Defaulters
13. To consider and approve charging simple interest @ 21% for defaulters as per bye laws No.72
14. To discuss and pass Resolution for Legal action against Non co-operating members
15. To discuss and approve Rain water Harvesting/Vermicompost/Solar Heater project
16. To consider any important communication received from the Registering authority, the Statutory Auditor, Government Authority,
Local or any other competent authority.
17. To increase Society charges (e.g.Rs.1.10 per Sq ft to Rs1.25 per Sq ft)
18. Any other matter with the permission of the chair.
Notice For the Annual General meeting
TELEPHONE NUMBER: ……………….
…………………………………………..CO - OPERATIVE HOUSING SOCIETY LTD.
(REGD NO. ………………….)
ADDRESS OF THE SOCIETY
(Name of the Society)
NOTICE FOR THE 4TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Notice is hereby given to all members that the 4th ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of THE (Name Of Society) will be held on SUNDAY, the (Date) at (Time) at (Venue), to transact the following business;
1. Welcome address by the Chairman.
2. To confirm and approve Minutes of the AGM held on (Date of last AGM).
3. To receive and adopt annual Report for the year ended 31.03.2006.
RESOLUTION: Resolved that the Audited Balance Sheet and Statement of Income & Expenditure, Statutory Audit Report and
Managing Committee Report be accepted and approved.
4. To approve transfer of flats as per Annexure.
5. To consider & approve appointment of Auditors for the year 2006-07.
6. To discuss and approve Parking policy of Vehicles inside Society premises.
7. To appoint Retainer for handling legal issues with Builder, Defaulters, and Violation of Bye-Laws.
8. To ratify admission of new Managing committee members who have already been co-opted by the Managing Committee.
9. To discuss installation and approval of Expenditure on Fire fighting equipment.
10. To approve for cancellation of shares on transfer from corporate to individual and to approve share capital transfer to Reserve Fund.
11. To consider any other matter with the permission of the chair.
12. Vote of Thanks.
Please note that:
If there is no quorum till 11.30 a.m. the meeting shall be adjourned for 30 minutes on the same day, at the same place, and at such meeting, the business on the Agenda will be transacted, whether there is quorum or not.
As per Bye- Law no.105, only a member of the society is eligible to attend and participate in the proceedings of the meeting.
Members shall not be eligible for voting in the affairs of the Society for two years from the date of their enrolment as Member or Associate members in view of provisions of Section 27(3A) Of Maharashtra Co-op Act 1960.
No Proxy is allowed.
If any of the members require any clarification with respect to the above, they may submit their written query on or before 2nd July, 2006 to, Hon. Secretary and Joint Secretary
By Order of the Managing Committee
(Name of the Society)
(Name & Signature)
All relevant details will be available in the Society office from 18th July, 2008 onwards for members to peruse, if they so desire.
A complete set of relevant details also being sent to every member separately.
Annual Report is a book which gives members details of the AGM. Managing committee should give total and correct information. Managing committee should try to give maximum information in the report so as to have detailed discussion in the AGM.
Annual Report Book
1. Cover page
2. List of managing committee member with name of Auditor and Banks
3. Notice for AGM
4. Auditors Report.
5. Schedule A to I
6. Income and Expenditure Report
7. Balance Sheet
8. Managing Committee Report
9. Minutes of the last AGM
10. Minutes of the last SGM
11. Transfer list
12. New members
Schedule A to I
A. Share Capital
B. Reserve and Surplus
C. Advance from Members
D. Current Liabilities and Provision
E. Income and Expenditure Account
G. Advances and Deposits
H. Receivable from the members
J. Prepaid Expenses
Posting of Annual report
1. Bring Envelope, Postage Stamps, Gum
2. Prepare list of members for Regd AD / Courier / Certificate of Posting
3. Keep records of returned letters and make a list
4. Send through E-mail
Managing committee Report/Annual Report/Report of the Managing committee
Managing committee highlights issues or informs about new developments or explains new projects in this report to keep members informed for the particular year.
1. Installation of Water level controller
2. Revival of Bore well
3. Recovery of arrears
4. Garbage separation
5. Separation of Municipal water and bore well water
6. Cultural programme
7. Painting of the Building
8. Terrace Leakage
9. Financial aspect
10. Painting and Repairs
Duty of Internal Auditor
The Internal Auditor will check all the financial transactions (Payments & Receipts) on a day to day basis or fixed interval convenient to him. If he desires to check at fixed intervals, he should inform his schedule in writing to the Office Bearers and / or Staff of the office of the society. The payments will be made and receipts will be passed as is being done presently. After making the payments, like the statutory Auditor, Internal Auditor will check the payment vouchers and will check that all payments are made as per the sanction of the General body and / or Managing committee and will certify the validity of the transaction made.
The Internal Auditor will report in the managing committee meeting the lacunae of the payments if found by him during a particular period. Like all the managing committee members the notice of the managing committee meeting will also be given to the Internal Auditor.
The Internal Auditor can resign at any time and his resignation will be accepted by the general body only.
Rights of the Internal Auditor
The internal Auditor will have an access / approach to all the records of the society. It will be duty of the office bearers and/or office staff to make available all the records of the office desired by him.
In case of continuous breach of norms of payment/receipts the Internal Auditor will inform the chairman in writing to call a special general Body and the chairman will have to call such General body meeting under Bye Law no. 99
Like Statutory Auditor, the Internal Auditor will also submit his report in writing to the general body in the AGM.
Points to remember
1. Check for quorum –The quorum for the AGM meeting is 2/3 of the total
members of the Society or 20, which ever is less.
2. The Chairman of the Societies presides over all General Body meetings, in
absence of Chairman any other member can be elected to preside.
3. AGM is held only once in a year.
4. No proxy is eligible to attend General body meeting on behalf of a member.
5. Associate member can attend and cast vote on behalf of Member.
6. All resolution in the meeting is passed either by unanimously or by simple majority.
7. In case of equality, Chairman’s vote will decide the result.
1. Postage charges for Regd AD/Certificate of posting/Courier etc
2. Snacks for the committee members and members attending the meeting
3. Arrangement for food for all society members and their family members as annual get-together. This meeting is attended by many
outside members with family and its place to know each other.
4. Xeroxing of Annual report.
5. Stationery item like Note pad, writing material etc
6. Contact decorators for Chairs, Tables with cover and shed for monsoon / Sunlight
7. Typing of pages of Annual Report, annexure, Explanatory notes etc.
Documents to be kept in AGM table
1. Current Annual Report
2. All past annual Reports
3. All past resolutions
4. Acknowledgment of Certificate of Posting/Registered AD/Courier
5. Posting members through e-mail-List
6. Submission of AGM report and audited Report to Registrar Office–Acknowledgment
7. Bye-Laws Book
8. AGM Minutes book
9. SGM Minutes book
10. List of return of copies of Annual Report by post
List of documents for Share Transfer
1. Permanent Account Number
2. Notice of Intention to transfer
3. Letter of consent
4. Transfer Premium Transfer Charges Entrance Fee
Declaration on Rs100/- Stamp paper by the Transferor as per the provision of
Declaration on Rs100/- Stamp paper by the Transferee as per the provision of
7. Undertaking on Rs100/-Stamp paper to use the flat for the purpose for which it is allotted
8. Certified Copy of Agreement along with Xerox copy of the agreement
9. Original Share certificate along with Xerox copy of share Certificate
10. Registration Receipt with Xerox Copy
11. Form of Nomination (In triplicate)
12. Application for Membership (In duplicate)
13. Resignation in the prescribed form
14. Possesion Letter